Biografia e pubblicazioni dell’economista Elisabetta Iossa, nuovo componente dell’Autorità garante del mercato e della concorrenza presieduta da Roberto Rustichelli
Una donna economista al vertice dell’Antitrust (dove nel collegio ci sono soltanto uomini e giuristi).
L’ha spuntata Elisabetta Iossa su Ginevra Bruzzone alla fine la nomina all’Antitrust dopo che l’incarico di Gabriella Muscolo era scaduto a maggio del 2021.
E già a giugno scorso Muscolo, già Giudice del Tribunale delle Imprese di Roma e membro della Camera allargata di Appello dell’Ufficio Europeo dei Brevetti, è diventata socio dello Studio Franzosi Dal Negro Setti.
Il Presidente del Senato della Repubblica, Maria Elisabetta Alberti Casellati, e Presidente della Camera dei deputati, Roberto Fico, hanno nominato componente dell’Autorità garante della concorrenza e del mercato la professoressa Elisabetta Iossa.
I componenti dell’Autorità sono scelti, secondo quanto previsto dagli istituti legge (legge n. 287/1990), tra persone di notoria indipendenza, tra i magistrati del Consiglio di Stato, della Corte dei Conti o della Corte di Cassazione, i professori universitari ordinari di materie economiche o giuridiche, e le personalità provenienti da settori economici dotati di alta e riconosciuta professionalità
ECCO IL CURRICULUM INTEGRALE DI ELISABETTA IOSSA:
Full Professor of Economics
Department of Economics and Finance
University of Rome Tor Vergata
Via Columbia 2, 00133 Roma
Current Academic Appointments:
Full Professor of Economics, Dept Economics and Finance, Univ. of Rome Tor Vergata.
Research Fellow, Centre for Economic Policy Research, C.E.P.R. (London) 2018-present Research Fellow, GREEN Center (Bocconi University).
Research Fellow, C.E.I.S (University of Rome Tor Vergata)
Coordinator, M.Sc. European Economy and Business Law, Univ. of Rome Tor Vergata.
Other Current Appointments
2018–present Executive Committee: European Association of Researchers in Industrial Economics 2018-present Associate Editor: Journal of Public Procurement
2018-present Editorial Board: Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics 2015-present Advisory Board: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics 2019-present Advisory Board della Rivista di Politica Economica, Confindustria. 03 2021-2024 Member Albo Camera Arbitrale, Autorità Nazionale Anticorruzione ANAC. 04-2020-present Technical Committee “Finanza e Appalti” PIARC Italia.
04/2020-08/2021 Scientific Committee Chair, 48th Annual Conference of the European Association for Research in Industrial Economics (EARIE).
03/2013-2020 Coordinator, Proxenter, Center for Research in Public Procurement and Supply Chain. 09/2004-2010 Full Professor in Economics, Brunel University (West London, UK). 09/2002-2004 Senior Lecturer in Economics, Brunel University, (West London, UK). 02/1999-2002 Lecturer in Economics, Brunel University, (West London, UK). 01/1998-1999 Maitre de conférences, University of Liege (Belgium).
Suppléant, Université Libre de Bruxelles (Belgium).
01/1997-1998 T.M.R. Marie Curie European Commission, ECARES Université Libre de Bruxelles. H.index= 24; i10-index: 41; Citations Google Scholar: 3057; Repec: Top 5-7% Italian Economists
Research Area: Industrial and Public Economcis: procurement, public private partnerships, competition policy and regulation; public sector and incentives.
Selected Publications: Games and Economic Behavior (2015), Economic Journal (1998), Journal of the European Economic Association (2014, 2021), International Journal of Industrial Organization (2002, 2015), Journal of Economics and Management Studies(forthcoming), Journal of Industrial Economics (1999), Journal of Law, Economics & Organization (2020), Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory (2011), Journal of Public Economics (2006), Rand Journal of Economics (2004, 2012, 2012), Review of Economic Studies (forthcoming).
Adviser/Technical Committees: UK Competition Commission, DG Connect European Commission, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Financial Service Authority UK, Italian Construction Association, JRC European Commission, Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development, UK Office of Fair Trading, IFAD-United Nations, Inter-American Development Bank, World Bank, Road National Association.
Publications: Articles in International Journals
- Iossa, Elisabetta, Rey Patrick and Mike Waterson (2021): Organizing Competition for the Market. Forthcoming Journal of the European Economic Association. (VQR: A).
- Decarolis, Francesco, Gaetan de Rassenfosse, Leonardo Giuffrida, Elisabetta Iossa, Vincenzo Mollisi, Emilio Raitieri, Giancarlo Spagnolo (2021) “Buyer Role in Innovation Procurement”. Forthcoming, Journal of Economics and Management Studies. (VQR: A).
- De Chiara Alessandro and Elisabetta Iossa (2021), “Setting the Budget for Targeted Research Projects”, Green-Bocconi Discussion paper 108. Forthcoming, The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy.
- Iossa Elisabetta, Rey Patrick and Yeon-Koo Che (2021) “Prizes vs Contracts as Incentives for Innovation” Forthcoming, Review of Economic Studies. (VQR: A)
- Decarolis, Francesco, Giuffrida, Leonardo, Iossa, Elisabetta, Mollisi Vincenzo and Giancarlo Spagnolo “Bureaucratic Competence and Procurement Outcomes” (2020), Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, 36(3): 537-597. (VQR: A)
- Buccino Giulia, Iossa, Elisabetta, Raganelli, Biancamaria and Mate Vincze (2020), “Competitive Dialogue: An Economic and Legal Assessment” Journal of Public Procurement, 20(2): 163-185.
- Iossa, Elisabetta and Mike Waterson (2019) “Maintaining Competition in Recurrent Procurement Contracts: The Case of London Bus Tendering”. Transport Policy, Vol. 75: 141-149. (VQR: A)
- Iossa, Elisabetta, Biagi, Federico and Valbonesi Paola (2018) Pre-commercial Procurement, Procurement of Innovative Solutions and Innovation Partnerships in the EU: Rationale and Strategy. Economics of Innovation and New Technology, 27 (8): 730-749. (VQR: B)
- Iossa, Elisabetta and Stephane Saussier (2018), Public Private Partnerships in Europe for Building and Managing Public Infrastructures: An Economic Perspective. Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics. (Invited paper). Vol. 89, 1: 25-42.
- Iossa, Elisabetta and David Martimort (2016), “Corruption in PPPs, Incentives and Contract Incompleteness”. International Journal of Industrial Organization, 44: 85–100. (VQR: A)
- Iossa, Elisabetta and David Martimort (2015), “Pessimistic Information Gathering,” Games and Economic Behavior 91, 75 – 96. (VQR: A).
- Iossa, Elisabetta and David Martimort (2015), “The Simple Micro-Economics of Public Private Partnerships. Journal of Public Economic Theory, Volume 17, (1), 4–48.
- Iossa, Elisabetta and Patrick Rey (2014), ‘Building Reputation for Contract Renewal: Implications for Performance Dynamic and Contract Duration, Journal of the European Economic Association, 12(3), 549–574. (VQR: A).
- Iossa, Elisabetta and Bruno Jullien (2012), ‘The Market for Lawyers and the Quality of Legal Services’, RAND Journal of Economics, 43 (4), 677-704 (VQR: A).
- Iossa, Elisabetta and David Martimort (2012), “Risk Allocation and the Costs and Benefits of Public-Private Partnerships,” RAND Journal of Economics, 43(3): 442-474 (VQR: A).
- Iossa, Elisabetta and Francesca Stroffolini (2012), ‘Vertical Integration and Costly Demand Information in Regulated Network Industries’, with, Review of Industrial Organization, 40(4): 249-271.
- Georgellis, Yannis; Iossa Elisabetta and Vurain Tabvuma (2011), ‘Crowding Out Public Sector Motivation, with and, Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, 21(3): 473-493. (VQR: A).
- Bennett John, Iossa Elisabetta and Gabriella Legrenzi (2010), ‘Commercial Activity as Insurance: the
Investment Behavior of Non-Profit Firms’, Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, 85(3): 445-465.
- Bennett John and Iossa Elisabetta (2010) ‘Contracting Out Public Service Provision to Non-for-profit Firms’, Oxford Economic Papers, vol. 62 (4): 784-802. (VQR: B)
- Iossa Elisabetta and Giuliana Palumbo (2010), ‘Overoptimism and Lender Liability in the Consumer Credit Market’, Oxford Economic Papers, 62(2): 374-394. (VQR: B)
- Iossa Elisabetta, Martimort David and Jérôme Pouyet (2008), ‘Partenariats Public-Privé: Quelques Réflexions,‘ with, Revue Economique, 59 (3): 437-449.
- Iossa Elisabetta and Giuliana Palumbo (2007) “Information Provision and Monitoring of the Decision maker in the Presence of an Appeal Process; “Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics,163(4): 657-682.
- Bennett John and Iossa Elisabetta (2006). “Building and Managing Facilities for Public Services” Journal of Public Economics, 90 (10-11): 2143-2160. (VQR: A).
- Bennett John and Iossa Elisabetta (2006). “Delegation of Contracting in the Private Provision of Public Services”, Review of Industrial Organization, 29 (1-2): 75-92. Special Issue on Public-Private Partnerships.
- Iossa Elisabetta and Francesca Stroffolini (2005), “Price cap Regulation, Revenue Sharing and Information Acquisition”, Information Economics and Policy, 17: 217-230.
- Iossa Elisabetta and with Patrick Legros (2004) “Auditing and Property Rights”, RAND Journal of Economics, 35: 356-372. (VQR: A).
- Iossa Elisabetta and Giuliana Palumbo (2004) “Product Quality, Lender Liability and Consumer Credit”, Oxford Economic Papers, 56, pp. 331, 343. (VQR: B)
- Bennett John, Iossa Elisabetta and Gabriella Legrenzi. (2003) “The role of commercial non-profit organisations in Public -Private Partnerships”, Oxford Review of Economic Policy, vol. 19 (2), pp. 335- 347. Eds. Paul Grout and Margaret Stevens. (VQR: B).
- De Fraja, Gianni and Elisabetta Iossa (2002) “Competition among universities and the emergence of the elite institution”, Bulletin of Economic Research, 54: 275-293.
- Iossa Elisabetta and Francesca. Stroffolini (2002) “Price Cap Regulation and Information Acquisition”, International Journal of Industrial Organization, 20(7): 1013-1036. (VQR: A).
- Iossa Elisabetta (1999) “Informative Externalities and Pricing in Regulated Multiproduct Industries”, Journal of Industrial Economics, 47(2): 195-219. (VQR: A)
- De Fraja, Gianni and Elisabetta Iossa (1998) “Price Caps and Output Floors: a Comparison of Simple Regulatory Rules”. Economic Journal, 108, n.450: 1404-1421. (VQR: A)
Publications: Articles in Italian Journals
- Carboni C., Iossa, E. and Gianpiero Mattera, (2018) Barriers to Foreign Firms in International Procurement: A Review. Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, 45(1): 85-107.Special Issue on “Public Procurement: New Theoretical and Empirical Developments”. DOI: 10.1007/s40812-017-0089-2.
- Iossa Elisabetta (2015) “Contract and Procurement Design for PPPs in Highways: The Road Ahead” – Journal of Industrial and Business Economics,42(3), 245-276.
- “Potenzialità e criticità del Partenariato Pubblico Privato in Italia”, with Federico Russo, Rivista di Politica Economica, (invited paper), 2009, pp. 125-158.
- “L’allocazione del Rischio e la Struttura degli Incentivi nel Partenariato Pubblico Privato”, 2009, In “Il Finanziamento di Infrastrutture in Italia, Ed: A. Macchiati, G. Napolitano, Il Mulino.
- “Price versus Output Regulation under Asymmetric Information on Demand”, Rivista Italiana Degli Economisti, 1999, vol. IV, n.3 pp.359-374.
- “Regolamentazione del prezzo in presenza di asimmetria informativa sulla domanda”, Economia e Politica Industriale, 1998, vol. 99, pp.99-120.
- “Competition Ownership And Efficiency: An Empirical Analysis Of The European Airline Industry”, Rivista di Diritto Finanziario e Scienza delle Finanze, 1996, LV, 3, I, pp. 391-401.
- “Benessere sociale e tipo di imprese: un confronto tra configurazioni industriali”. Economia Pubblica, 1994, vol. 3.
Publications: Chapters in Books
- Innovation Through Innovative Partnerships, in Public Procurement Policy, in Public Procurement Policy Edited by Gustavo Piga and Tunde Tatrai. Routledge, 2016. ISBN: 978-0-138-92150-4.
- The Risks and Tricks in Public-Private Partnerships, with Giancarlo Spagnolo and Mercedez Vellez, “Recent Advances in the Analysis of Competition Policy and Regulation”, Edited by Yossi Spiegel and Marin Peiz, Nowpublishers, 2014, 455-489. IEFE Working Paper n. 64 – December 2013.
- “Corruption in Public-Private Partnerships,’ with David Martimort. Piet de Vries and Etienne B. Yehoue (Eds), The Routledge Companion to Public-Private Partnerships, Routledge, 2013, Chpt. 9 pp. 205-225.
- ‘The Theory of Incentives Applied to the Transport Sector,’ with David Martimort. A Handbook of Transport Economics, Edgar Elgar, Edited by André de Palma, Robin Lindsey and Emile Quinet, et Roger Vickerman, 2011.
- ‘Public Private Partnerships and the Bundling of Project Phases’. In ‘Servizi pubblici. Nuove tendenze nella regolamentazione, nella produzione e nel finanziamento’, 2007. Edited by Massimo Marrelli, Fabio Padovano, Ilde Rizzo. FrancoAngeli Editore, Milano.
- ‘Procurement Contracting Strategies’, with Gian Luigi Albano, Giacomo Calzolari, Federico Dini and Giancarlo Spagnolo, N. Dimitri, G. Piga and G. Spagnolo (Eds.), Handbook of Procurement, 2006, Cambridge University Press.
- Iossa, Elisabetta Loertscherz Simon Marx Leslie M. and Patrick Rey (2021) “What to do in the face of bid rigging”, earlier version “Collusive Market Allocations” CEPR Discussion Paper 14563 Mimeo.
- Burguet Roberto, Iossa, E, and Giancarlo Spagnolo. Cartels and Bribes. Mimeo.
- Camboni, Riccardo, Corazzini, Luca, Iossa, Elisabetta, Valbonesi, Paola. Bid Preferences as Incentives for Innovation: Experimental Evidence, 2018. Mimeo.
- De Chiara Alessandro and Elisabetta Iossa (2018): Procurement vs Grants as Innovation Policy CEPR Discussion Paper 13664.
- Cottini Elena, Paolo Ghinetti, Iossa, Elisabetta and Pierluigi Sacco (2018), Stress and Incentives at Work. Revise and Resubmit, Oxford Economic Papers.
- ‘Contracts as Threats: on a Rationale For Rewarding A while Hoping For B, with Giancarlo Spagnolo (University of Rome Tor Vergata, Stockholm School of Economics and CEPR), December 2009. SSRN CEIS Discussion Papers 147. CEPR Discussion paper January 2011, 8195. Revised 2013.
- Arbitration vs Court, 2008, revised 2011.
III OTHER RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
Selected invited Lectures and Keynote:
▪ Expert Panellist, OECD, Roundtable on Competition-for-the-market; Global Forum on Competition, OECD, Paris (December 2019).
▪ Invited Session Speaker: Frontiers in Theoretical IO. XXXIV Jornadas de Economía Industrial (Madrid, September 2019), Collusion by Market Allocation.
▪ Invited Session Speaker: Public Procurement of Innovation: Rationale, Design and Impact, Universitat Autonoma di barcellong. PHD Conference, 19 June 2019.
▪ Keynote Lecture: Nordic Workshop On Industrial Organization (Norio Xi), Stockholm School of Economics 10–11 June 2019, Public Procurement of Innovation.
▪ Invited Speaker: Public Procurement of Innovation: Rationale, Design and Impact, 8th ZEW/MaCCI Conference on the Economics of Innovation and Patenting. (May, 2019 Mannheim) ▪ ll ruolo delle Infrastrutture. Il Governo dell’Economia in Europa, Senato della Repubblica, 20 settembre 2018. Organized by Partito Democratico.
▪ World Bank Argentina: “Better Investment Better Services. Measuring and Evaluating Public Procurement, (Buenos Aires, June 2017). Cancelled.
▪ Bank of Italy, “Come la Qualità della Stazione Appaltante Incide sui Contratti Pubblici”, Workshop “Public procurement: partecipazione qualità ed efficienza” (March 2017).
▪ Keynote Lecture: Public Private Partnerships: Where Do We Stand? Icare3 Conference, in Perm, Russia (September 2015).
▪ Keynote Lecture: Procuring Innovative Projects. Workshop “Public-Private Partnerships: Design and Deliberation” in Perm, Russia (September 2015).
▪ FAO, United Nations, “Procuring Innovation” (March 2015).
▪ IFAD, United Nations, “Procuring Innovation” (January 2015).
▪ OECD, The Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development: Public hearing at the OECD country Roundtable on Public Private Partnerships (June 2014)
▪ Invited Lecture: “La spesa pubblica per appalti come incentivo all’innovazione nell’Unione Europea,” Workshop on L’efficienza nella spesa pubblica: un focussui contratti pubblico-privati, Ricerca e Istituzioni a confronto, University of Padua.
▪ European Commission, DGMRKT: “Corruption in Public Procurement”, November 2013; ▪ Keynote Lecture: Workshop on the Economics of Procurement, Södertörn University VTI, 2013 ▪ Workshop on Public Procurement and Sustainable Growth, CEPR U Padova, Venice October 2011; ▪ Public Private Partnerships, Rome May 2011;
▪ European Centre for Health Assets and Architecture (ECHAA) and European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies Comparative Conference on “PPP models in a time of recession: the options for decision-makers” (Berlin, November 2009);
▪ Chaire Bernard Van Ommeslaghe Conference, “Emerging Competition Issues in the Procurement of Infrastructure Services,” ECARES, Brussels (February 2009).
▪ II UBC Workshop on Public Private Partnerships, Vancouver (December 2007). ▪ European School on New Institutional Economics, ESNIE, Ajaccio ‘The Economics of Public Private Partnerships’ (May 2007).
▪ Keynote Lecture: Workshop on Privatisation and Partnership, CMPO, University of Bristol, (November 2006). Annual Conference of the Italian Society of Public economics
▪ “Public-Private Partnerships in the Provision of Public Services”, Pavia, (September 2006). ‘ ▪ Risks and Opportunities in Public Private Partnerships’, Italian Procurement Agency CONSIP, Rome (June 2006).
▪ A Conference on Public Private Partnership and Regulation in Infrastructure Services, NCAER, New Delhi (April, 2006).
▪ International Workshop on Public Private Partnerships. Universite’ Paris 1, Sorbonne (October 2004).
Staff seminars: ATOM Centre Paris I, Bath, Bari, Bicocca Milano, Bocconi Milano, Birbeck College London, Bristol University, Brunel, CRES-Paris; EIEF Ente Einaudi Rome, Essex, Exeter, Free University of Brussels, East Anglia, Helsinki School of Economics, IDEI Toulouse, IFN Stockholm, European University Institute in Florence, Harvard University, Keel, Leicester, London Metropolitan University in London, London School of Economics, Luiss in Rome, Loughborough, Luxembourg, Paris School of Economics, Royal Holloway in Surrey, School of Oriental and African Studies in London, South Bank University in London, University Federico II of Naples, Siena, Surrey University, Università Statale di Milano, Università Svizzera Italiana, Università Cattolica Milan, University of Tor Vergata; Lugano, Università Svizzera Italiana (USI); Toulouse School of Economics, Turin, Warwick Business School, Zurich University, among others.
Honours, Grants, Fellowships. PRIN 2017 Grant 2017Y5PJ43_001 (125.348 Euro) Procuring Innovation: potential impact and rationale, Minister of higher Education (March 2020 – present), 2015-2016 “Bando Doppia Cattedra” (23.000€). Principal Investigator; Grant, University of Padua, 2013, 2014; II Best Publication CEIS Prize (1500€), 2013; III Best Publication CEIS Prize (500€), 2013; 1/4/2010 – 31/03/2012. “Competition, Contracts and Framework Agreements in Regulation and Public Procurement”. Italian Ministry of the University and Research (39.322€); NUFFIELD FOUNDATION GRANT 2010-2011: “Relational Contracts in Public Procurement (£6500); Principal Investigator; II Best conference paper (500$) at II International Public Procurement Conference, Rome, 2006; 2004-2005 PRIN GRANT Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research “Regulation of Public Utilities; E.S.R.C. Economic and Social Research Council, Grant R/000/22/3811 “Public-Private Partnerships: an Incomplete-Contract Approach” (£40.000), Report: “Outstanding”; 2003 PRIN GRANT Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research, “Regulation of Public Utilities”, 2003-04; Brunel University, grant for appointment of a research fellow (20.000£); Principal Investigator; E.S.R.C. New Scholar, C.E.P.R. 2000-04; 2001-2002; BRIEF AWARD, Lender liability for connected loans, Brunel University. (£5.000); MARIE CURIE TRAINING GRANTS for Post-doctoral research, Grant ERBFMBICT972396. (59.364 ECU) on “Regulation and Information Acquisition”; 2008; 1997 Post doctoral scholarship, University of Naples (5m Italian Lira).
Visiting Positions: Dept Economics, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, a.y. 2017-2018; Dept Economics, Harvard, April-June 2016, EIEF Permanent visitor, Visiting Professor Toulouse Sept 2008, Toulouse; February 2007, Visiting Professor, IDEI, University of Toulouse; January 2007, Visiting Professor, ATOM Centre, Sorbonne, Paris; March to July 2006 Visiting Professor, University Tor Vergata, Rome; January and February 2006, IDEI, University of Toulouse; May and June 2004, Visiting Professor, Ente Einaudi, Rome; June and September 2003, University of Bristol; April 2001 and April 2002, European University Institute, Florence; January 2001, ECARES, ULB Brussels; January 2000 and July 2000 European University Institute, Florence.
Refereeing: American Economic Review, B.E Journal of Economics Analysis and Policy, Bepress, Bulletin of Economic Research, Cambridge University Press, Economic Governance, Economic Journal, Economics Bulletin, Economic Systems, European Economic Review, European Journal of Political Economy, Giornale degli Economisti, IMA Journal of Management Mathematics, Information Economics and Policy, International Journal of Industrial Organization, Journal of Economic Behaviour and Organizations, Journal of Economics and Management Strategies, Journal of Economic Theory, Journal of the European Economic Association, Journal of Health Economics, Journal of Industrial Economics, Journal of Institutions and Theoretical Economics, Journal of Law and Economics, Journal of Law and Economic Organizations, Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, Journal of Public Economics, Journal of Public Economic Theory, Journal of Political Economy, Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, Labour: Review of Labour Economics and Industrial Relations, Public Administration Review, Public Finance Review, Research in Economics, Review of Economic Studies, Rivista di Politica Economica, Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Scandinavian Journal of Management, Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Transport Economics Regulation.
Refereeing, Others: FIRB (MIUR D.D. n. 1249 del 21/05/2018. Swiss National Science Foundation, VQR 2004- 2012 Italian Ministry of Education and Research).
Scientific Committees, Conferences: European Association for Research in Industrial Economics (EARIE) Scientific Committee (2018-present); EEA 2020 programme committee (2020), 4th CEPR/EBRD/Economics of Transition and Institutional Change Symposium on “The Economics of Industrial Policy” (London 2020); CRESSE associate (2018-present); 22nd Society for Institutional & Organizational Economics, SIOE, Program Committee (Montreal 2018) Second workshop on Public Private Interaction: Design and Deliberation, HSE NRU Perm (November 2016). World Conference on Transport Research, WCTR, Conference Rio de Janairo (July 2012); Annual Conference of the European Association of Research in Industrial Economics, EARIE
(Milan, 2014, Rome, September 2012; Stockholm 2011); CEPR – ECARES – GRASP – Univ. of Padova, Conference on Public Procurement and Sustainable Growth, Venice (October 2011); 18th Annual Conference of the European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists EAERE 2011 (July 2011), Rome Tor Vergata; International Conference on Infrastructure Economics and Development, IDEI-Toulouse and the World Bank (January 2010). Theoretical and Applied Economics Programme Committee for the European Meeting of the Econometric Society Meeting (Vienna 2006, Budapest 2007).
Scientific Committees, Editorial Board: Journal of Public Procurement (2018-Present) Rivista di Politica Economica (2009-present); Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics (2016-2018; 2019-2021). Advisory Board Journal of Industrial and Business Economics (2014-2017; 2017- present), Economic Policy (2012- 2014).
Scientific Committees, PHD: PHD Economics and Finance (2012- present), Phd Money and Finance U. of Rome Tor Vergata (2009-2012), Member of the Advisory Board of the Centre of Excellence in Procurement (CEP), Kyiv School of Economics (KSE), Phd in Economic Theory and Institutions, U. Of Rome Tor Vergata (2006-09).
Scientific Committees University Recruitment: Università Cattolica (RTD-B); Università Statale di Milano (RTD-B, 2018); Università di Torino (RTD-B 2018) Università Bicocca (RTD-A, 5.10.2017); Università Statale Milano (RTD-A, 2017, President), IMT Lucca (Prof I fascia SECS P/01, 2017, President).
Executive Committee. Director, European Association for Research in Industrial Economics (EARIE), (2018- 2021).
PHD Defence Committees: Universitè Libre de Bruxelles (Alessandro De Chiara); Norwegian School of Economics, University of Paris I (Claudine Desrieux), Toulouse School of Economics (Florien Shuett, Sanxi Li), University of Rome Tor Vergata (Lorenzo Carbonari), Université de Montpellier (Vanessa Valerio) University of Bristol (Evangelos Pafilis).
Organizer, Conference: Incontro Studi sul Recepimento Direttive Appalti e Concessioni (Rome, AGCM, 16 September 2015) Workshop: “Using Public Procurement to Promote an Innovative Sustainable and Inclusive Growth Rome,” (2 October 2013); First Summer School in Applied Economic Theory, Tor Vergata 18-20 Sept 2013, Rome.
PhD students: Vincenzo Mollisi (2014-2018 Obtained Research Assistantship University of Bolzano), Gianpiero Mattera (2012-2017, obtained contract at OECD); Vurain Tabvuma (2006-2010: obtained Lectureship position at Univ. of Surrey).
- Expert Adviser
Technical Committee, Road National Association PIARC. 2020-present.
Product and External Services Consultant, Analysis of transparency and integrity principles in infrastructure, Inter-American Development Bank (IADB), 2020.
“Competition for the market: tackling the incumbency advantage”, Expert report, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, O.E.C.D (November 2019). OECD Papers, Global Forum on Competition. DAF/COMP/GF(2019)10. Contract number 500085024
“Buyer Quality and Procurement Outcomes ” – Laboratorio ASPI Autostrade per l’Italia, Bocconi University 2017.
“Public Procurement as Demand-Side Innovation Policy: Rationale and Strategy”, ccommissioned by the Joint Research Centre of the European Commission (JRC) in Seville. September 2015. Order number: IPTS.B154345.
Technical assistance to the Moldovan Competition Council – Market studies and Related Training and Advocacy. Sponsored by the European Bank of Reconstruction and Development (EBRD). In collaboration with Learlab.
“Direttiva Anticorruzione”: Answer to public consultation from MEF (Minister of Economics). April 2015
“Linee guida in materia di tutela del dipendente pubblico che segnala illeciti (c.d. whistleblower)”: Answer to public consultation from MEF A.N.A.C., (Anti-corruption Authority) March 2015.
“Contract and Procurement Design for PPPs in Highways: The Road Ahead” – Laboratorio ASPI Autostrade per l’Italia, Bocconi University 2015.
“Quantifying the impacts of PCP procurement in Europe based on evidence from the ICT sector” (SMART number: 2014/0009). Contract number 30CE -06337188/00-35 (58.949€) European Commission DG Connect, 2014.
“Behavioural Responses to Privacy Visceral Notices (B.R.E.V.E.)”, European Commission DG-JRC Information Society Unit (IS). Contract number 153752-2013 (55.065€). Project Coordinator, 2013.
“Competition Issues in Public Private Partnership”, Paper prepared for Hearing on PPP at Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, O.E.C.D. (16th June 2014). OECD,DAF/COMP/WP2/WD(2014).
Economist, Institutional Working Group for drafting a Standardized Contract for Public Private Partnerships in Italy: Group coordinated by A.N.C.E. (National Association of Construction Companies).
“Assessment of the Potential for a PPP for Building and Operating Students’ Accommodation for the Universities in Rome”, Lazio Adisu, 2011.
Policy report: The Potential Benefits and Costs of Public Private Partnerships in the Transport Sector with an Application to the Turkish PPP Law, with David Martimort The World Bank, 2011.
Partner, Advanced Procurement Ltd. Research and Consultancy in public procurement. 2009-2011
Expert adviser for Centre for Strategy and Evaluation Services. Project: Analysis of sectors concerned by service concessions in the framework of the impact assessment of possible EU legislation on service concessions, 2009.
Consultancy services in relation to the Inquiry into the leasing of rolling stock (ROSCOs). United Kingdom Competition Commission 2008 (CC 1025).
Policy report: Best Practices on Contract Design in Public-Private Partnerships, with Giancarlo Spagnolo and Mercedez Vellez, The World Bank, 2007.
Policy report: “Contract Design in Public-Private Partnerships, with Giancarlo Spagnolo and Mercedez Vellez, The World Bank, 2007.
Policy report: “Modelling Changes to Consumer Welfare Caused by Reduced Price Transparency’, United Kingdom Financial Service Authority Occasional Paper 26, UK, August 2007.
‘Policy report: “Measuring Consumer Detriment under Conditions of Imperfect Information”, with John Hunter, Christos Ioannidis and Len Skerratt. United Kingdom Office of Fair Trading Research Paper 20, October 2001.
V MEDIA COVERAGE,
Stazioni appaltanti qualificate per gli investimenti pubblici, La Voce.Info 03 03 2021 Appalti pubblici, rating dei venditori e qualificazione delle stazioni appaltanti, Utilitatis, https://www.utilitatis.org/ 01/04/2020.
The (large) impact of buyer competence on the cost and timing of procurement VOX.EU 31.05.2018. Quando l’incompetenza fa più danni della corruzione, LA VOCE.Info 23.01.2018.
Come Riformare il Trasporto Pubblico Locale: Stile Londinese per Autobus Italiani LA VOCE.Info 03.11.2014. Le Domande mai Fatte sulle Gare di Project Financing, LA VOCE.Info 27.11.2012.
Quando l’Autorità Antitrust non Aiuta la Crescita, with Giancarlo Spagnolo. LA VOCE.Info 13.12.2011.
BLOG – Anti-Corruption Project; Progetto Integrità, Scuola Superiore della Pubblica Amministratione (Italian School of Public Administration, SSPA) http://blogintegrita.sspa.it/; http://blogintegrity.sspa.it.
Pubblico o Privato: a chi le carceri? with Gustavo Piga, IL FOGLIO 31.08.10.
“Smoothing the road for transport investment”. ESRC NEWSSTAND MAGAZINE BRITAIN 2010. “Project Financing in versione italiana,” with Cristina Giorgiantonio. LA VOCE Info, 18.11.2008.
VI TEACHING AND ADMINISTRATION
Law and Economics (Msc of Economics, University of Rome Tor Vergata)
Industrial Organization (European Economy and Business Law, University of Rome Tor Vergata) Public Procurement (Ph.D. in Economics and Finance, University of Rome Tor Vergata) Dynamic Economic Analysis (Università Cattolica di Milano)
Advanced Microeconomics (Brunel University, Tor Vergata),
La Corruzione nei Servizi Pubblici (Scuola Superiore Pubblica Amministrazione),
The Economics of Public Private Partnerships (Msc, Tor Vergata; PhD, Toulouse School of Economics), The Theory of Institutions for Public Service Provision (PhD, Tor Vergata),
The Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation (UG, University of Naples), the Theory of Environmental Regulation (UG, University of Liege).
1993-97 Doctorate in Economics (Ph.D. in Economics), University Federico II of Naples (with distinction). Thesis: “Optimal regulatory mechanisms under asymmetric information on demand”. Supervisor: Massimo Marrelli. 4/07/1997.
1993-94 M.Sc. Economics, University of York (UK), with Merit.
1993 B.Sc. Economics, University of Naples. Final mark 110/110 Cum Laude (1st class), 17/02/1993.
ISCRIVITI ALLA NOSTRA NEWSLETTER
Iscriviti alla nostra mailing list per ricevere la nostra newsletter